Blue Expert Certification Training Overview
The Blue Expert Certification (BEC) training camp at Bluenotes EUROPE 2019 is designed to further develop your expertise and skills in using advanced Blue features so that you can implement any feedback process at varying degrees of complexity. Becoming a certified Blue Expert requires approximately 40 hours of your time: including a 3-day instructor-led training camp followed by 5 to 6 weeks of sandbox experience, consisting of approximately 8 hours of hands-on sandbox exercises taken at your own pace, supported by three 2-hour bi-weekly online review sessions. The final step of the Blue Expert Certification training is the certification exam. Blue Expert Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the Blue Expert certification exam.
For more information about the BEC training structure and agenda, please refer to the BEC Training Camp Agenda @ Bluenotes EUROPE 2019.
This certification training program is intended for:
- Certified Blue Administrators with experience in implementing a Blue project autonomously at least in one evaluation or survey cycle, or
- Those with an equivalent level of Blue knowledge and experience
The Blue Expert Certification (BEC) training camp is designed to further develop your Blue expertise and skills, by teaching you how to:
- Implement an advanced level of end-to-end automation of your feedback processes
- Merge cross-listed courses to enable unified report building
- Implement dynamic report distribution to support your decision makers, as personnel changes
- Gain greater autonomy in the use of Blue and its companion modules and products to administer any feedback process
- Optimize your Blue implementation to best address your own institution’s needs
- Experience how your expert knowledge and skills in using advanced Blue features and functionalities can help your institution and be a sought-after Blue Expert in your institution and by your colleagues!
What’s next after the BEC training camp? Put your new knowledge into practice in a dedicated sandbox environment. Complete the exercises in the exercise guide at your own pace before you take the Blue certification exam online. The exam will test both your conceptual and practical knowledge of Blue through a multiple choice questionnaire, essay-type questions and practical examples that demonstrate your newly developed expertise. Our training team will then meet with you via online correspondence to review your results. Upon finishing the review, a Blue Expert Certificate is issued to you!
Key Benefits and Learning Outcomes
With the completion of the Blue Expert Certification training camp, a training participant will be able to:
- Acquire expert knowledge and skills in using advanced Blue concepts and functionalities to further automate feedback processes (course evaluations, institutional surveys, and 360 evaluations), end to end, in order to provide a greater level of autonomy to end users and distribute reports with actionable insights to decision-makers
- Learn how DST (Data Sync Tool), DIG (Data Integrity Gateway), BPI (Blue Portal Integrator), and BTA (Blue Text Analytics) can be used with Blue to further realize its value in your environments
- Find solutions to current challenges and opportunities that you are facing in your institutions, by discussing them with the instructor and other experienced Blue users in your BEC training cohort
- Be part of the Blue Expert community, and have access to Blue BETA functionality in a shared sandbox environment
- Have the access to the training sandbox use for one year post the BEC training camp, which gives you access to the latest Blue releases and all modules regardless of your product licenses, as well as the ability to upload your own data for testing prior to implementing these releases in your own institution