The Blue Administrator Certification Training program (BAC) is the foundation of your learning path to becoming proficient with using Blue. In this modularized training program, a training participant will learn the fundamentals of Blue, in order to run a feedback process using Blue. This is the first level of Blue certification for all users who will be implementing Blue for feedback processes in their institutions.
Who Should Take the Blue Administrator Certification Training?
This program is for people who will implement Blue, or be a part of a Blue implementation project, to automate their feedback processes such as course evaluations, institutional surveys, and 360 reviews. They can be any of the following:
- Those who are to implement Blue in their institutions for the first time but have no or little knowledge of Blue yet
- Those who have some experience in using Blue but have not taken any formal Blue training
- Those who wish to re-skill on the latest version of Blue
Having an understanding of basic database concepts (such as data structure) and program language concepts (such as the concept of variables) is a plus.
Upon successfully completing the BAC training, a training participant will be awarded with the digital Blue Administrator certificate, which can be included in your resume and LinkedIn.
Note: If you are to implement Blue in your institution for the first time with the Explorance Professional Services (PS) team, it is highly recommended that you complete a BAC training session before the PS requirement analysis phase. The completion of this BAC training will provide you with a good basic understanding of Blue concepts and functionalities; you will be better prepared to communicate with your Explorance PS consultant(s), ask insightful questions, and participate in discussion to design a solution using Blue that satisfies the institution’s specific feedback process requirements.
Online BAC Training Subscription: Delivery Modes
The online Blue Administrator Certification (BAC) Training is available via two (2) different delivery modes:
- Online, Instructor-led training consisting of:
- A 3-day Online Instructor-led Course Time Line
- Instructor-led online classes (each day is 6 hours including breaks).
- Slide deck and exercises (you will have access to a dedicated Blue learning sandbox to complete your exercises).
- A final review / practice project consisting of all required elements for a complete feedback process. The Blue Administrator Certificate will be awarded upon completion of this final project.
- There are 20 places in total on each online instructor-led session. Places are allocated on a ‘first-come, first served basis’.
- Registration closes 1 week before training is scheduled to begin.
- Self-directed, at your own pace, online training consisting of:
- Approximately 10-15 Hours Cumulative Time Line
- Following the self-directed videos, to be completed at your own pace.
- Our experience shows that those who proactively reserve the time in their calendars to “study” over a period of 2-3 weeks tend to be more successful in completing the certification training in a self-directed mode.
- Slide Decks and Exercises
- You will be given access to a dedicated Blue learning sandbox with which to complete your exercises.
- Certification Review Project
- The final module is a review / practice project consisting of all required elements for a complete feedback process using Blue. The Blue Administrator Certificate will be awarded upon completion of this final project.
Both online instructor-led and self-directed training are composed of the following:
- Training Materials: Designed to provide the participants’ clear grasp of the fundamental concepts of Blue and main functionalities of features in Blue. The slide deck will serve as a good reference tool for the participants to look at after the training.
- Step-by-Step Demonstrations: The instructor will guide the training participants through step-by-step demonstrations of Blue functionalities to ensure that they familiarize themselves with these functionalities in navigating Blue.
- Examples and Exercises: Throughout the training, the training participants will be asked to complete multiple sets of exercises providing hands-on experience with creating feedback projects (such as course evaluations, institutional surveys, and 360 reviews) and reports in Blue.
A face-to-face onsite BAC training camp can be arranged (additional fee may apply): contact firstname.lastname@example.org.