Only 0 days left to the conference!
Brighton, UK 23-24 March, 2023
The University of Brighton is excited to host the annual Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 conference in Brighton, UK! Join your Bluenotes Community in person for two experience-rich days of knowledge sharing, learning, and networking. Come a few days earlier and make the most of your conference experience by becoming Blue Certified.
Early-bird Discounts End on 17 February 2023.
Hosted by the University of Brighton, Sponsored by Explorance
WHY BLUENOTES EUROPE 2023?
The University of Brighton is excited to host the Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 conference. Join your Bluenotes community colleagues in Europe to connect and share your experiences in using student voice to improve, enhance, and shape the future of Higher Education. Discuss your challenges, opportunities, and lessons learned. Expand your network of like-minded peers and sharpen your Blue skills and expertise to turn student voice into actionable insights to drive teaching effectiveness and student success.
Many interesting sessions hosted by Blue-powered institutions and Explorance staff have been planned, including:
- Expert panel discussions where educational leaders will discuss the role of student voice in teaching effectiveness and student success
- Presentations on new-age formative feedback and institutional applications
- Experience-rich sessions on improving processes with automation from gathering to interpretation and use of student voice data such as module evaluation, program evaluation, and student experience data, closing the loop
- The need for institutional improvement communication plans based upon evaluation results
- …and many other informative sessions!
Presentation time slots are still available. Please contact John Atherton (email@example.com), if you are interested in presenting.
What You Will Experience
Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 provides impactful professional development opportunities to:
- Immerse yourself in a community of like-minded peers who are passionate about sharing experiences, discussing new ideas, and innovating together for student success and teaching excellence
- Make friends, collaborate with others, and have fun at exclusive social networking events
- Problem-solve together, share lessons learned, feel inspired, and brainstorm new ways, while empowering others to do the same
- Advance your professional development through experience-rich sessions, hands-on workshops, and opportunities to speak directly with Explorance staff and influence Explorance product direction
- Connect with a group of collaborative thinkers to expand your professional network of like-minded peers
- Thrive in the culture of feedback-informed continuous improvement
|KEY DATE||TO REMEMBER|
|4 January 2023: NOW OPEN||Early Bird Registration Opens|
|17 February 2023: LAST DAY||Early Bird Registration Ends|
|10 March 2023: LAST DAY||Conference Registration Closes|
|20 March 2023: LAST DAY||Conference Registration Payment Due|
|20-22 March 2023: CERTIFICATION TRAINING CAMPS||BEC Certification Training Camp|
|23-24 March 2023: CONFERENCE||Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 Conference|
Opening Keynote: Transforming Practices: Putting Students at the Heart by Professor Ruth Whittaker, Pro-Vice Chancellor Education and Students, University of Brighton
Professor Ruth Whittaker is Pro-Vice Chancellor Education and Students at the University of Brighton. Ruth is responsible for the strategic leadership of learning and teaching, enhancement and innovation. Ruth is the Executive lead for the TEF, as well as flexible delivery, technical education and apprenticeships and strategic partnership working with colleges. Prior to joining UoB as PVC in January 2019, Ruth’s career was in the Scottish university sector. Her development and scholarship activity at institutional, sector and international levels have centred on widening participation, through flexible entry and pathways with a focus on Recognition of Prior learning and Articulation; transition and progression; student engagement; and the transformative dimension of education.
International Keynote by Nancy Turner, PhD, Senior Director, Teaching and Learning Enhancement, University of Saskatchewan
Dr. Nancy Turner (she/her) serves as Senior Director, Teaching and Learning Enhancement at the University of Saskatchewan. Nancy contributes to developments in teaching, learning, and student experience and leads related institutional change and innovation initiatives. She works in partnership with colleges/schools, service units, and external stakeholders at a strategic level to support improvement in the quality of teaching and learning across the University of Saskatchewan and to support academic units in the design and development of innovative and effective academic programming. Nancy’s work for nearly two decades has focused on the strategic leadership of learning and teaching enhancement and student experience. Nancy has worked in Canadian and British higher education holding previous roles as Acting Dean and Associate Dean of Learning, Teaching, and Enhancement at the University of the Arts London and Director of Educational Development at Royal Holloway, University of London.
BLUE CERTIFICATION TRAINING CAMP
Per popular demand, the Blue Expert Certification Training Camp will be held on 20-22 March. Visit the Blue Expert Certification Training for more information and registration.
There will be learning workshops providing hands-on experience with the Blue suite of products and opportunities to learn about recent product updates and releases.
A value of up to $10,000 USD in door prizes will be randomly drawn at the Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 Conference. All attendees will be automatically entered to win one of three door prizes. You must present to be a part of the drawing to win:
- An all-inclusive trip to the Bluenotes GLOBAL 2023 Conference, including airfare, lodging, and conference registration
SOCIAL NETWORKING EVENT
Welcome Reception: Wednesday, 22 March | 7pm
Victoria’s Bar in Palm Court Palace Pier [Madeira Drive, Brighton BN2 1TW]
- If you are arriving on Wednesday, 22 March, you are welcome to join other Bluenotes Community colleagues and the Explorance team for an opening connection at 7pm. This is an informal dinner.
Networking Dinner & Social Event: Thursday, 23 March | 6:45pm
Brighton i360 [Lower Kings Road, Brighton, BN1 2LN]
- Enjoy an exclusive event for Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 attendees to further connecting, sharing, and learning together with incredible 360 degree views at 138 metres high in the sky!
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE
Early Bird: ends 17 February 2023
- Single Attendee Registration: £180 (instead of £355) per person
- Group of 3 (buy two, and get a third registration free): £360 (instead of £1,065) for 3 people
Regular: ends 10 March 2023
- Single Attendee Registration: £355 per person
- Group of 3 (buy two, and get a third registration free): £710 (instead of £1,065) for 3 people
Conference Registration Fee includes: Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 conference attendance including post-conference workshops, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily, a welcome reception, and social networking dinner. Group discount applies to attendees from the same organization.
SPECIAL LEARNING BUNDLE: Conference Registration + Certification Training Camp
Special learning bundle discount ends 17 February 2023
- 1 Conference Registration + 1 BEC Training Camp Seat
- £1,805 (60% discount; instead of Conference registration fee of £355 and Cert Camp fee of £4,060)
TRAVEL & LODGING
Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront
The special group discount (£140 per night) is available for you in the hotel where the conference will be held:
- Kings Rd, Brighton BN1 2GS
- +44 127 320 6700
- Public Parking is available below the hotel
- If staying more than 9 hours, £25 per 24 hours (Regular is £33 per 24 hours)
- If staying less than 9 hours, pay for 9-hour time slot (prices shown on the website with the link below) and get a 10% discount on the 9-hour slot rate
- Please visit this link for more information on parking fees
- Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront
- To reserve at the discounted group rate, please do so at this link using the discount promo code which will be available upon your conference registration
Other Lodging Options near the University of Brighton and Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront
- Premier Inn
- New Steine Hotel – B&B
- Amsterdam Hotel Brighton Seafront
- The Royal Albion Seafront Hotel
Please make your own hotel booking.
About the University of Brighton
The University of Brighton has around 18,000 students and 2,400 staff studying and working across four campuses in Brighton and Eastbourne. Subjects taught range from medicine to engineering, psychology to illustration, sport science to English literature. The University’s wide-ranging research has been assessed as world-leading in a number of areas, including Computer Sciences and Informatics and Sports and Exercise Science and as internationally excellent in the areas of Engineering and Earth Sciences. In addition to its internationally renowned teaching, practice and research in the arts and design, it is also one of the UK’s leading teacher training universities and a major higher education provider for healthcare and engineering professions.
In partnership with the University of Sussex and local NHS, the University of Brighton sponsors the Brighton and Sussex Medical School, which is rated by students as one of the best in the UK. The University is a major contributor to the social and economic health of the city region including through its many partnerships with local government, public sector, business and industry. Through its Academies Trust it directly supports the education of over 7,500 local pupils in 15 schools across Sussex.
20-22 March, 2023
- BEC Certification Training Camp
23-24 March, 2023
- Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 Conference
Leonardo Royal Hotel Brighton Waterfront
Kings Rd, Brighton BN1 2GS
- To reserve at the discounted group rate, please do so at this link using the promo code available in your registration confirmation email
Conference Registration Rates
EARLY BIRD: £180 per person
- Buy two & get a third registration free (ends 17 February 2023)
REGULAR: £355 per person
- Buy two & get a third registration free (ends 10 March 2023)
Special Learning Bundles
Conference Registration + BEC training: Take advantage of the special learning bundle discounts – 60% (ends 17 February, 2023) .
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Conference registration fee includes the conference attendance including pre-conference workshops, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily, a welcome cocktail reception, and social networking dinner.
- Travel and lodging costs are not included in the registration fee
Wednesday, 22 March 7pm | Victoria’s Bar
- Informal welcome dinner
Thursday, 23 March 6:56pm | Brighton i360
- Exclusive networking dinner event
Insight to Action: Driving Student Success with Student Voice
Note: Register now and reserve your place. You can pay later, as the submission of your conference registration form and the payment of the conference registration fee are handled separately.
- Once you submit your conference registration, your attendance and selected preferences will be reserved for you. A conference registration confirmation email will be sent to the email address indicated on your registration form with payment details.
- Payments may be completed through credit card payment via this payment link or by contacting the Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 Organising Team directly.
- You may complete your payment at any time prior to 20 March 2023. The early bird special rates will be honored to those who register before the early bird pricing ends.
We strongly recommend registering your attendance as soon as possible to ensure your preferred choices are available and your place is saved.
Bluenotes EUROPE 2023 Contact:
Connect. Share. Learn. Grow.