0 days remaining
Virtual ExperienceAugust 2-4, 2021
As we listen to our Bluenotes community members’ concerns and advice of the caution for the health and safety of our customers, partners and employees, Explorance has decided to move the Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 to virtual experience. Thank you for the valuable advice that you have provided to us, support and continued partnership.
In collaboration with the University of Louisville, Explorance is hosting the 8th annual Bluenotes GLOBAL Conference virtually, where leaders and practitioners in institutional effectiveness, institutional research, teaching and learning, technology, and faculty are coming together. Join your Bluenotes community colleagues to connect and share your experiences in using data and analytics to turn student feedback into student-centric impact on teaching and learning. Discuss your challenges, opportunities, solutions and lessons learned, to advance assessment and evaluation together, as re-imagining a post-COVID future of Higher Education. Expand your network of like-minded peers, and sharpen your Blue skills and expertise for your professional development. Participate in a BEC or BRMC training camp before the conference, and become a certified Blue Expert or Report Master.
Register today to reserve your place: you can pay later. You will not want to miss this! Special early-bird rate has been extended until April 30, 2021.
In collaboration with the University of Louisville, Sponsored by Explorance
WHY BLUENOTES GLOBAL 2021 Virtual Experience?
The Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 Virtual Experience is the perfect place to meet, share, discuss, and learn about innovative solutions that Bluenotes community institutions in Higher Education are implementing to build the post-COVID future of teaching and learning experience with the use of student feedback. By attending, you will also benefit from the experience and expertise of other Bluenotes community colleagues for your professional development, and leave with an expanded network of like-minded peers in Higher Education who are passionate about feedback-informed continuous improvement and innovation.
Bluenotes GLOBAL provides an excellent learning and development opportunity to:
- Share experiences, best practices, and research insights to learn from each other and innovate together, re-imagining feedback and assessment in a post-pandemic world of Higher Education
- Network with your peers
- Participate in various Bluenotes community meetups such as the Blue Experts Community and the Bluenotes Reporting & Analytics Community
- Learn about upcoming software releases and the product roadmap
- Become a certified Blue Expert or Blue Report Master by participating in either the BEC or BRMC virtual training camp immediately preceding the conference (for more information, please check out Blue Certification Camps at BNG 2021.)
- And much more!
|KEY DATES||TO REMEMBER|
|January 20, 2021: NOTIFICATION||Notification of faculty grant awards to selected faculty|
|March 16, 2021: NOW OPEN||Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 VX Registration Opens|
|April 30, 2021: LAST DAY||Extended Early Bird Registration Ends|
|June 11, 2021: LAST DAY||Call for Presentation Closes|
|July 16, 2021: LAST DAY||Conference Registration Closes|
|July 20 – 22, 2021: Training Camp||Blue Report Master Certification (BRMC) Training Camp|
|July 27 – 29, 2021: Training Camp||Blue Expert Certification (BEC) Training Camp|
|July 31, 2021: LAST DAY||Deadline for conference registration fee payment; Early bird rates will be honored to those who registered before April 30, 2021.|
|August 2 – 4, 2021||Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 Virtual Experience|
David Berman has been described as the “David Suzuki of design”. He is a top expert in the fulfillment of eAccessibility requirements web-based applications, virtual meetings, and documents.
David’s 30 years of experience have helped hundreds of organizations get great things done and repeat successes. He has deep experience as a senior consultant in applying eAccessibility standards for higher ed, government, and private sector clients, including IBM, BMO, HGTV, dozens of universities and colleges, and Canada’s largest school board. He regularly teaches accessibility principles as part of his professional development workshops and has keynoted at the largest design conferences on 5 continents. He is an expert in the fulfillment of ADA, EN 301 549, and AODA laws regarding accessible web-based applications, meetings, and documents … including serving on regulatory committees for two governments. He has also provided consultation to the governments of Canada, Queensland (Australia), India, Ireland, Mexico, Norway, and Pakistan.
He is Vice-Chair of IAAP, the global body for accessibility professionals, and on the ISO committee for accessible PDF and accessible plain language. David is also Chair of Carleton University’s Carleton Access Network.
Accessibility Dividend: Learning that Leaves No One Behind in a Post-pandemic World of Higher Education
The COVID-19 pandemic forced schools to figure out how to swiftly get remote learning ready for everyone. Many of Higher-Ed institutions were saying “I finally get it” regarding the importance of eAccessibility for both synchronous and asynchronous education. Challenges formerly experienced by a minority of students suddenly became challenges for the majority, leading to breakthrough opportunities to improve the entire learning ecosystem.
Post-pandemic, how we learn and interact will have changed forever in ways that have the power to benefit everyone, advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in student learning experience. We’ll share experience and insights that will help you include everyone in learning, while enjoying the “Accessibility Dividend” for all.
BLUENOTES COMMUNITY MEETUPS
Bluenotes communities of interest are getting together to connect, share, and discuss challenges and opportunities.
- Blue Experts Community meetup
- Bluenotes Business Schools Community meetup
- Bluenotes Medical & Health Sciences Community meetup
- Bluenotes Reporting & Analytics Community meetup
BLUENOTES COMMUNITY SPEAKERS
Bluenotes community members are sharing and discussing best practices and solutions in feedback and assessment, all of which can drive insights and value in re-imagining the post-pandemic world of Higher Education. At the Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 Virtual Experience, you will also meet Explorance experts to connect, ask questions and get answers directly.
Sampling of Bluenotes community speakers you’ll meet at the Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 Virtual Experience
- “A Framework for Assurance of Learning,” University of Dubai
- “To Question Bank or Not to Question Bank – Part 2,” Durham University
- “Enhancing Learner Satisfaction with Challenging Pedagogical Content through Student-feedback-based Course Redesign,” Dalhousie University
- “CURE in the Time of COVID-19: Student Perception and Learning in Virtual Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences,” Kennesaw State University
- “Mining Course Evaluation Text Analytics to Develop Strategies that Increase Teaching Effectiveness,” University of Florida
- “Using Qualitative Student Feedback to Guide First-Year Advising Program: Means to Improve Student Success and Retention,” Saint Mary’s College of Californial
- and many more!
Three door prizes will be awarded at the Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 Virtual Experience. Attendees will be automatically entered to win 1 of 3 all-inclusive trips to a Bluenotes Conference of their choosing in 2022 – a value of up to $3,500 USD each!
Explorance focuses on people, those in the communities in which we host our conference as well as those attending the conference, with our passion for improving lives. Your conference registration helps charities. Explorance is committing a $18,000 donation to these charities, and conference attendees will determine the allocation of this donation.
The following local charities have been identified before moving the Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 to a virtual experience, to receive a portion of the $18,000 commitment. At the time of registration, attendees will vote for their preferred charity. The $18,000 donation will be allocated as follows:
- #1 most selected charity: $10,000
- #2 most selected charity: $5,000
- #3 most selected charity: $3,000
Please select one of the charities below during the registration process:
- Project Exploration: Project Exploration is a nonprofit science education organization that works to ensure communities traditionally overlooked by science—particularly minority youth and girls—have access to personalized experiences with science and scientists.
- One Tail at a Time: Compassion for all animals and the people who care for them. One Tail at a Time aims to foster a non-judgmental environment to build bridges and relationships with our community to help keep pets out of the shelter and in the homes where they are loved.
- Chicago Books for Women in Prisons: Dedicated to offering the opportunity for self-empowerment, education and entertainment that reading provides, Chicago Books to Women in Prison is an all-volunteer group that distributes paperback books free of charge to incarcerated people, focusing on women and trans/non-binary people.
BLUE CERTIFICATION TRAINING CAMPS
Per popular demands, two virtual Blue Certification Training Camps are available: Blue Report Master Certification training camp and Blue Expert Certification training camp. For more information and registration, visit the Blue Certification Training at Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 page.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE
Conference Registration Early Bird: ends April 30, 2021
- Single Attendee Registration: $199 USD (50% discount)
- Group of 3 (buy two, and get a third registration free): $398 USD (instead of $1,197 USD) for 3 people (67% discount)
Conference Registration Regular: ends July 16, 2021 (any registration made thereafter may not appear in the conference program)
- Single Attendee Registration: $399 USD
- Group of 3 (buy two, and get a third registration free): $798 USD (instead of $2,685 USD) for 3 people (33% discount)
Note: Register now and reserve your place. You can pay later, as the submission of your conference registration form and the payment of the conference registration fee are handled separately.
- Once you submit your conference registration, your attendance and selected preferences will be reserved for you. A conference registration confirmation email will be sent to the email address indicated on your registration form with payment details.
- Payments may be completed through credit card payment via this payment link or by contacting Stacey Martini directly.
- You may complete your payment at any time prior to July 31, 2021. The early bird special rates will be honored to those who register before the early bird pricing ends.
We’d strongly recommend registering your attendance ASAP to ensure your preferred choices are available and your place is saved.
July 2021 BRMC and BEC Training Camps
- BRMC virtual camp: July 20-22, EDT
- BEC virtual camp: July 27-29, EDT
Virtual | Online
Conference Registration Rates
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD: (ends April 30, 2021)
- Single: $199 USD (50% discount)
- Group: Buy two & get a third registration free, $398 USD (67% discount)
REGULAR: (ends July 16, 2021)
- Single: $399 USD
- Group: Buy two, and get a third registration free, $798 USD (33% discount)
- A Blue certification training camp is not included in the conference registration fee
BNG 2021 VX attendees will determine the allocation of the donation:
Re-imagining Feedback & Assessment in a Post-Pandemic World of Higher Education
“The conference is a valuable opportunity to network with peers at other institutions and to share pain points, innovative solutions and best practices. I’ve been able to attend three years in a row and each year I’ve gotten left with plans to improve my processes in Blue based on what I learned from conference sessions and discussions.”
– Heather Thompson, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
“I attend a variety of higher education professional development conferences. My first Bluenotes was among the best in my career. This excellent event is a continuation of the product/service excellence we receive from Explorance. Thank you.”
– Rob Downie, Fanshawe College
“A great conference that was very worthwhile attending, both for meeting practitioners from around the world, and the high quality papers and mix of topics from increasing response rates through to machine learning applied to text analytics. There were so many good sessions, and I am still writing up all of my notes.”
– Tim Linsey, Kingston University
Bluenotes GLOBAL 2021 VX Contact:
BNG2021@explorance.com or Stacey Martini at firstname.lastname@example.org